Evan Turk is an award-winning illustrator, author and animator living in Croton-on-Hudson with his husband, Chris, and two cats, Pica and Bert. His work has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, and NPR. He has exhibited work at The Society of Illustrators, ArtsWestchester, Mystic Seaport Museum in Connecticut, The Petit Palais Museum of Fine Art in Paris. A graduate of Parsons: The New School for Design, his illustration and animation have been shown all over the world. He grew up in Colorado and loves nature and being outdoors. He continues his studies with Dalvero Academy, a private illustration school in New York City. Evan loves to travel all over the world and learn about other people and places through drawing and the interactions that come from it.
Evan speaks to kids and adults across the country and loves talking with them about storytelling and making art.
- 2017 The New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Books
- 2017/2015 The New York Public Library Best Books
- 2017/2016 NPR Best Books
- 2017 Children's Africana Book Award
- 2017 Aesop Accolade
- 2017 Anne Izard Storytellers' Choice Award
- 2016 Wall Street Journal Best Books
- 2015 Ezra Jack Keats New Illustrator Honor
- 2015 Marion Vannett Ridgway Honor
- 2013 North America Canson Prix Nominee
He is represented by Brenda Bowen at Greenburger Associates.